If there ever was a choir of doctors, they’d sing in unison: a plant-based whole foods lifestyle is the ideal one for health!
Start your child off on wholesome and nourishing fruits, vegetables, whole grains and plant-based whole food meals, and watch them grow to good health.
Here is some excellent advice for your baby’s first meal, given by doctors:
- Mashed banana with breast milk should be the baby’s first food.
- Organic brown rice cereal made especially for babies, can be prepared with pure water and breast milk, which provides a good balance of nutrition and energy to the fast-developing baby.
- Pumpkin, sweet potato and steamed asparagus could also be a good early food.
- Commercial plant-based whole food baby products are a convenient way for babies to eat beans, carrots, peas and greens.
- Fruit and vegetable purees are easy ways to deliver a nutrition boost to your baby, and to present food in a colorful and appealing manner.
- Fruits can also be blended together to make delicious smoothies.
Nearing A Year
Closer to 12 months, give your child ground seeds or nuts along with their vegetables. Nut butters can be used as tasty dips with vegetable sticks. However, avoid peanut or peanut butter till the age of 2. Millets or quinoa can be other cereal options besides brown rice. Buying plant-based whole food baby products are a convenient way to ensure your child eats healthily!
See how Newborn can get started
See Healthy Eating Basics to understand the basic tenets of a plant-based whole foods lifestyle.
- Joel Fuhrman, M.D., author of the book, Disease-Proof Your Child